Service above self
Welcome to Freedom Rotary!
Freedom Rotary Club is one of more than 35,000 clubs worldwide totaling 1.2 million members. Each club has basically the same structure, but the activities of each club are representative of the interests of its members.
Rotary is made up of three parts: local Clubs, Rotary International, and the Rotary Foundation. Together, we work to make lasting change in our communities and around the world. We represent a cross-section of the community’s business and professional men and women. We meet weekly and are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds.
In Freedom Rotary Club you’ll find a bunch of Rotary friends who give service to our local and global community, support youth, learn about new ideas, help each other and have a lot of FUN! We’re celebrating 43 years as a Rotary Club this year – it’s the perfect time to join us!
Our meetings are on Tuesdays –
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month we meet for 12:15pm lunch at the Agricultural History Project located on the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds
- 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, we meet at 5:15pm for snacks and some great wine at El Vaquero Winery located at 2906 Freedom Blvd in Corralitos
- 5th Tuesdays you’ll find us giving service somewhere in the community or visiting a local business to learn more about them
This year I’m very pleased to be volunteering with a wonderful group of community leaders, some of whom are also leaders of Freedom Rotary. Our 2021/2022 officers are:
- Secretary: Brian Lockwood, General Manager, Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency
- Treasurer: Trina Coffman-Gomez, owner, Integrity Lending
- International/Foundation: Gloria Garing, retired, Cabrillo College
- Membership: Steve Bennett, Director of Operations, Advertising, and Community Partnerships, Santa Cruz Sentinel
- Publicity: Sandy Petznick, retired, Salud Para La Genta
- Secretary of Food: Doug Feinsod
- Bulletin: Ron Sandidge, retired, Pajaro Valley Unified School District
- Community Grants: Dan Carrillo, Owner, Pajaro Valley Printing
- Scholarships: Patsy Gasca, Disaster Program Manager, Red Cross
We’re always ready to add a new friend in Rotary, so join us for a meeting or let us know you’re interested.
Hope to see you soon!
Members of Freedom Rotary
Adam Scow: Musician, Community Advocate
Aloke Mukherjee: Computer Analyst, ATSA Corp
Barry Notollli: Real Estate Investor
Brian Lockwood: General Manager, Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency
Bob Prikazsky: Owner, El Vaquero Winery
Dan Carrillo: Owner, Pajaro Valley Printing
David Kegebein: CEO, Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds
Doug Feinsod: Owner, Santa Cruz Vintage Cycles
Gloria Garing: Retired, Administrator, Cabrillo College
Jeannie Kegebein: Executive Director, Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds Foundation
Loren Morse: Realtor, eXp Realty
Martin Guerrero: CEO, Mas Mac McDonald’s
Patsy Gasca: Disaster Program Manager, American Red Cross
Ron Sandidge: Project Director, Snazzy Productions
Renee Mello: Owner, Renee Mello & Associates -Keller Williams Real Estate
Rose Wood: Owner, Rose Wood Realty
Ruben Munoz: Manager, Freedom Branch Bay Federal Credit Union
Sandy Petznick: Retired, Human Resources, Salud Para La Gente
Shaz Roth: CEO, Pajaro Valley Chamber of Commerce & Agriculture
Stephanie Lange: Bookkeeper, Evans Management Services
Steve Bennett: Director of Operations & Advertising, Santa Cruz Sentinel
Suzi Merriam: Community Development Director, City of Watsonville
Tom Sprague: President, T L Sprague & Co
Trina Coffman-Gomez: Owner, Integrity Lending
Yesenia Medina: Director of Administrative Services, Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission
What would it take to change the world?
Rotary International is the world’s first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide. Rotary club members are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace, and eradicate polio under the motto Service Above Self.